Monday, December 16, 2013

Celebrating Eachother

Moving to Marrakech has provided my family many sets of welcoming arms.  My children, Joe, and myself are utterly loved and cared for by so many people.  We had the chance to celebrate one of these beautiful people for her birthday in our home.  Danielle has been an amazing teacher partner, kiddo helper, and well just one incredible and fun lady!


We arranged the apartment for many guest for a fun game night and set out the "spread" of snacks and drinks, and waited to welcome the arrival of other guests.







We sported some amazing holiday garb... such as these puppies...



Yes, you know you want a pair... spread the Christmas spirit.  Danielle has planned some Birthmas games for all of us to play and she had a whole spread of prizes to offer those who won.  What I learned is that as much as I LOVE Christmas-- I know nothing that will help me win Danielle's games.  I can sing the songs but I don't know the names of them, I know the story of The Grinch, but I don't know the tricky details, although I enjoy traveling, I really have not been ANYWHERE to support my knowledge of important geographical artifacts, etc... However, my team did win one game.


This game required our team (Diego, Kat, Aisha and myself) to blow up balloons and shove them in a pair of pantyhose.  Then, one of our team members was to wear the pantyhose a top their head.  Our team belted out Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and once we finished we could call it a win... well, as you notice Deigo sporting the pantyhose so well... we tied with the team next to us.  (I'm calling it a victory regardless:))  Happy was interested in the whole hat/pantyhose... she chose to try it out herself.


It was a great night with a wonderful group of people... all coming together to love and celebrate our beautiful Danielle's Birthmas. 


As for the rest of life, it has been "quiet" in the adventure realm.  I have been very busy with two wonderful kids loving on me all the time and working full time here at ASM.  I can't believe it has been a month since Mr. F has left... but we are approaching our trip to France to reunite for a while. I am giddy with excitement because this man always makes me smile and laugh!  The best kind of medicine ever! 


Anna, Nick and Maia invited the three of us to take a carriage ride around Marrakech for one of Maia's Christmas presents.  This is definitely a very touristy thing to do-- but we admit that we have really wanted to do it!  Why not ride in a horse and carriage while surrounded by taxis, mopeds, and crazy drivers?  At least you feel like you can be relaxed and take in the sites of the city rather than hang on for dear life.  For example, the other day while riding home, we spotted two men on a moped.  The driver-- well, driving.  But his passenger was holding a TALL piece of glass set between them, bobbing in and out of traffic...whaaaat?  Hilariousness.  Craziness.  Loving it all in Africa.



Claire was not enjoying the sun in her eyes:)





We ended the carriage ride at Dino's, a gelato parlour.  Claire threw a nice big fit for me because she didn't want to get out of the carriage... oh my.  At least I know what to get her for the next holiday.  We really enjoyed seeing parts of Marrakech we hadn't seen before.  The ritzy hotels and riads, the fountains, and parts of the medina.  It was lovely. 

The kids slept well that night.  They decided to have a slumber party in Chaddy's bed.  That is until Claire decided to climb out and find my in my bed.  These two are amazing friends and brother and sister.  They couldn't ask for a better relationship.


 

On Sunday, we went to a Christmas bazaar at the French Institute.  It was fun to see all of the vendors and their crafts.  I purchased Chad's presents for his teachers at the bazaar as well as some proper American cookies (yum!).  I should have purchased more cookies as they really are amazing and the supported a great cause.  Claire and Chad also saw Mickey Mouse.  Chad loved him while Claire was extremely interested but extremely apprehensive and a little afraid.  She wouldn't take her eyes off him but wouldn't get close. 




We are looking forward to our holiday in a matter of days!  France... here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment