Thursday, October 31, 2013

We Broke Down...

We finally broke down... we just couldn't do it anymore... trying to keep up but it is near impossible.  Those dang white tile floors- They WILL NOT stay clean. EVER. 

We broke down... and hired a maid.  Zahor will come once a week, clean our apartment, cook us a tagine dinner and make us the traditional Moroccan mint tea.


All day yesterday, I was giddy like a kid at Christmas time.  I was going to go home to my clean apartment, a delicious tagine and put the kids to bed early.  I couldn't wait.  When I walked in, the floors were the cleanest I had seen yet.  Shiny- crumb free floors.  Unheard of in our house.  All three of us took off our shoes immediately and put on socks.  Mr. F and I are determined to keep this floor clean, relish it for at least a couple days. From this point forward, Wednesdays are definitely one day of the week I look forward to! 

School has been busy, but great.  We just had picture day, which is very informal, but at least captures the kiddos in their new grade level.






Today, ASM is celebrating Halloween.  My students came dressed up in costumes, prepared for a school parade around the football field and brought snacks for a party this afternoon.  They are very hyped up, but I am rolling with it as we don't get this opportunity in The States school systems anymore, so why not?! 

Batman, Pippi, and Mike Wazowski



Tomorrow, we have parent-teacher conferences, so the candy dazed kids get to stay home (whoop! whoop!) and I get a whole day to meet with my 12 parents in 15 minute increments.  Cake walk.  Then, we are lucky to have a week off for Green March and the Islamic New Year.  Mr. F and I decided to make the trek to Northern Morocco on the overnight train to Chefchaouen for a few days.  We will update all of you with our adventures upon our return!

We hope all of you at home are going to enjoy your Halloween celebration in The States!  Our love to you.

xo

Lex

1 comment: