Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cannot Forget the Everyday

 
The everyday here in The 'Kech is amazing.  No matter the weekend, the community comes to celebrate one another, play games that may question character, and make the time to just enjoy life in general.  A couple of weekends ago, we got together to celebrate Louise and Nick.  We all gathered in Louise and Richard's apartment and we ate, drank and were merry.  
 
Danielle, Amelie, and Happy

Amelie, Maia, and Happy

My beautiful girl
We played silly games that the kids enjoyed.  When they rolled a double on the dice, they had to put a winter hat,  sunglasses and mittens on.  The kids then had to attempt to cut the chocolate and take a bite before the next person rolled a double.  Happy participated once.  After that, she was a little dramatic, like her mama, and opted to watch.




Danielle made her famous cheese popcorn that Happy absolutely loves.  She ended up on the couch next to Patrick using both her hands and Patrick's to finish the bowl off.



That night, I ended up with this girl asleep on my lap with her head laying upon my arm on my desk!


This weekend, we joined Nick, Anna and their girls on a walk to Marjane (Walmart).  It was a beautiful day, so we decided to not to spend it in a taxi. 

While we were walking, we say this cafe, Chicago.  We took a peek at the menu and decided we could have an American meal here.  Our meal was inexpensive and delicious!  We will go back very soon and enjoy another lunch. 
 
Maia and Happy ran up and down a wide open sidewalk next to the cafe until lunch came.  They were very dirty but full of smiles.  They enjoyed their time to just be two and three! 




Oh my! Very dirty army crawlers!




At one point, Happy was running to both me and Maia right into gigantic hugs. 


Dirty Happy



 
 
Nick carrying Maia and Happy down the road to Marjane.  He sang songs that ended up putting Maia to sleep and Happy clinging to hear his voice.  
 
 
When we arrived at Marjane, the girls climbed into these wardrobes and played peek-a-boo for a good ten minutes.  Only in Morocco would this fly!  It really is normal.

 



This morning, Happy and I joined Anu to a new bakery.  Le Pain Quotidien was the most amazing bakery!  It had sweet, salty treats, etc... Happy and I will be taking family and friends to enjoy this new found gem.
 

After we went to the bakery, Happy and I joined three different families to an indoor soft play area.  The place cost about 20dhs ($2.50) and they had unlimited play and access to slide, seesaws, playhouses, ball pits!  It was wonderful.  The whole play area was in a cafe, so adults could sit to the side (kids were fenced in!) and drink coffee.  Claire had a blast playing with Maia and Evan.  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but next time we go the camera will be in hand! 

I am basking in my time with my girl.  Relishing in the laughs, the conversations, the dirt covered face.  I am loving be the mom I have become.  Enjoying our everyday.

xo

Lex

1 comment: