Friday, May 16, 2014

The Munchkins

My two kids are vastly different from one another.  Chad is an old soul.  He truly loves and cares for others.  Thinks deeply, questions to understand, and is creative beyond belief.  Claire is happy.  She loves to sing, she independent and loving.  She connects with people at a level many people will never reach in a lifetime.  She thinks and responds to questions I ask her with such thought but sometimes also sarcastically.  She surprises me with her ability to understand and feel happiness and other's heartache.  She is carefree and lives day by day with her fairy wings on.  Somehow, these two munchkins manage to connect together and have created a bond that consumes them at times.  Sometimes I wonder- do Mr. F and I exist in the room right now?  They help each other, play together, hug each other, and just down right love one another.



I was completely blessed with two kids that I am sure I do not deserve.  They are truly gifts.  Their smiles light up my world.  Their laughter and pure joy is what keeps me going, keeps me slowing down, keeps me refocusing on what is important; family.

Claire and I have managed to create a bond and love for one another these past few months in Marrakech.  We only have each other and that has managed to connect us very deeply.  I was lucky enough to be able to create this bond with Chad too, when he was just an infant.  When you are able to spend time with your children- alone- I feel like I have been able to truly get to understand and see my children as individuals. Have conversations with them without interruption.  Listen to them carefully.  Share in playtime.  Share in dinnertime.  Share in our everyday life.  All beautifully and selfishly.



However, being away from my family, from Chad has created holes in my heart.  Chad has been on my mind everyday since he left (and very much Claire's mind too!).  I am so glad he has Mr. F, but when I see that boy, I might squeeze him so tight his head pops right off!  I often picture a cheesy but wonderful scene once we arrive home.  I picture all four of us lounging on the couch- entangled feet, arms and heads watching a movie with full hearts and a completeness that could never be attained otherwise.  Feeling my boys breathing.  Hearing their heart beats and being able to touch their faces.



We are now counting down from the mid 30s in days left... I am sure the minutes cannot pass fast enough. I find myself going through cupboards and wanting to pack until I realize I really do have lots of time left- packing may be a bit ambitious.  Moving to Morocco has blessed our family in so many ways and I cannot communicate the feeling I have in leaving this family I have created in Morocco.  Aisha, Anna, Danielle, Romy... all huge parts of my heart that continue to send me love every single day.  When I become overwhelmed or have reason to celebrate or just when we feel like knocking on each other's door- the friendship and relationship is always there.  I am lucky enough to be returning to similar relationships in Redmond.  My world of friends and my world of family.  It is hard to say goodbye, but I also relish in the fact I get to see so many smiling and familiar faces; foster old friendships, and develop new.









As for life, we have had a lot going on at school from Professional Development nights to Spirit Week.  In fact, Claire is dressed up to show her Moroccan Pride today.  Isn't she cute?!



I will have a larger update for you all after my brother, Travis and my sister-in-law, Meredith come to visit!  They arrive on the 20th and I am beyond excited!  We will be having many adventures and I will be showing them Marrakech and other parts of Morocco.  Stay tuned:)

We love and miss you all at home.

xx

Lex

1 comment:

  1. we are counting down the days here too! Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete