Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sports Day!

Today was the Lower School's sports day.  All grade levels from KG0 to Grade 5 were able to participate in the fun and games organized by our PE department.  I was surprised to hear the KG0 was invited to participate and my heart became filled with the "mommy excitement" that I would get to watch Claire "exercise" (as she calls it!).

I took my own students out to begin and kept a very watchful eye on KG0 so I could watch Happy and take pictures of her participation.  She walked out in her line- where they all hold tight onto the friend in front of them.  Then, she spotted me.

Look at those excited faces!

Oh- so sweet!  

Still watching Mommy
As my students moved through the first station, I was completely distracted, watching Happy for her turn in the spoon and bottle cap run.  Finally, it was her turn.  She was so careful with the bottle cap!  I loved watching her concentrate.



Once that rotation was over, KG0 eneded up on the opposite side of the field.  Thank goodness for prescription sunglasses as well as Mr. F's camera with an awesome zoom.  Her class headed over to the Zig-Zag Run.  Watching her run was too cute- touching the cones and running some more.






Happy's final rotation was to the hula hoops.  They jumped into the hula hoops, zig-zag ran through them and then snaked through each hoop.  Oh man!  This one killed me with her cuteness!



Not too sure- itchy eyes, heartbroken, confused? She was able to pull out of it!  

Oh my sweet girls face.




My Grade 1B group of kiddos! 
 I feel utterly blessed that I am able to watch both of my kids grown and learn in front of my eyes. I have been able to sneak out to watch assemblies, attend lunches, wave hello and blow kisses in passing.  I admit, it is going to be hard going back and not having my Happy girl join Chaddy and I at school- but she is one lucky girl to spend her days with her daddy.  She really has two of the BEST options!  We have one and a half more days of student contact, then one and a half days of school closures.  Then, we make our last drive through Marrakech to Casablanca in a van full of bags and friends.  Once we board our plane in Casablanca we will arrive in Frankfurt- continuing to place our foot in different countries of the world.  Frankfurt to San Francisco, then San Fran to HOME!  I can't believe we are almost there; to be greeted and hugged by those we have missed so much.

Love and miss you all at home!

xo

Lex :)

1 comment: