Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Life with Fairy Wings

Why would we choose to live life dully when you can accessorize with fairy wings?

Or when you can sleep in fairy wings?

We can look at Happy's fairy wings through different lenses.  One lens is 'how cute is she?!"  The other lens is "how my two year old is teaching me about life."  Happy has life figured out.  Maybe it is due to everyday being a possibility rather than a necessity.  Maybe it is due to she lives without apprehension and filters.  Maybe it is because how Mr. F and I have chosen to function as a family.  For whatever reason it may be, everyday this girl teaches me something new.

In everyday she looks to the light and smiles.  She looks to me for approval of her excitement and for me to be proud of her.  She looks to act and be exactly who she is.  It is my job to foster that growth.  However, it makes me reflect on our life as adults.  Why do we only allow our fairy wings to come out on special occasions?  Now I don't mean this literally of course.  However, why do we seek possibility only when it becomes a necessity.  Why do we choose to live in the comfort of our own box?  Why don't we listen, watch and love others as much as our children do?  Why do we limit ourselves so greatly we can't do anything but survive?

Relish.  Relish in the moments, the life we are living and put on your fairy wings and fly.


We love and miss you all at home.

xo

Lex

2 comments:

  1. The last picture is my new favorite of Happy! What a sweetheart! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to wear fairy wings more often! Love you Lulu!

    ReplyDelete