Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oasiria Relaxation


Today, the day before we start teacher orientation, we decided to rent and load up a 17 person van and spend the day at Oasiria a water park in Marrakech.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, but our adventure was the most relaxing we have had yet!  Oasiria was filled with different activities fit with a lazy river, taboggan run, plenty of slides, a pirate boat, kid play area, wave pool, swim up cafe, and a quiet pool. 

Chad and Annie
Filled with apprehension, Jill and I decided to take on the tabbogaan run with other expats from our school.  It was fast, but filled with thrills!









Chad has a blast as well.  He found the pirate boat first then the playground.  We had a blast!


 




One of the other expats convinced me to make the big slide down this sucker... I ended up down just fine, but my stomach did turn a bit.

 
We have a great sense of community around here. I could have not asked for a more welcoming bunch of people from all around the world.  We have quickly formed friendships and are always willing to help one another at anytime that is needed.  Chad has taken a liking to many of the teachers because they are incredibly sweet to him.  He has been a trooper tagging along and learning the culture.  Moroccan love children, so chad has been talked to in French by adults and children and they often pat him on the head.  At first, this was new to me and a little uncomfortable, but I have come to understand that this is apart of embracing Morocco and understanding how they welcome you into their world.
 
Most of us Expats from ASM

I apologize for the short update, but I wanted to share our Oasiria experience with you before the school craziness begins.  I was able to spend a lot of time talking with my Happy and making faces at her.  I miss my family but I am excited for Joe and Claire to arrive so we can return to my favorite places.


xo


Lexie

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Thanks for the great updates. I look forward to many more. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Chad, Go! Way to play with your mom and have fun in a great adventure-PaPa

    ReplyDelete