Sunday, September 8, 2013

Majorelle Gardin



Today was another very busy but incredibly fun day.  I started out with a great workout this morning then Romy, Chad and I walked to a bakery around the corner of the apartment complex called Paul's.  I do believe they have them around the world, but I bought an olive baguette loaf of bread as well as a multi-grain loaf of freshly baked bread for a mere 1.50!!  The olive baguette bread is amazing.  As soon as we were close to Paul's Chad shouted 'oooo! Yummy!' and started eating bread as soon as we walked in the door at home. Then we rearranged some furniture since Romy and I dragged over some cushions to our apartment.  We then headed to the Majorelle Garden which was full of botanical plants.  The beauty was more than I would have fathomed.  When paired with the Moroccan bright colors, it captivated me.  Chad enjoyed looking at the turtles and coy fish in the ponds.  There was a museum, but we chose to skip it this round but did get to see the Museum of Love.  Once we made our rounds around the garden, we headed to a cafe just outside the exit.  It was an expensive cafe compared to those around Marrakech, but I was able to eat quinoa for the first time in weeks.  It tasted amazing.  Needless to say, I ended up eating Chad’s gazpacho soup because he just wanted ice cream. 
 
 
Beautiful Morocaan Door

Maya and Chad
 

Photo Courtesy of Chad
We walked home and Chad rested for about an hour and a half while I chopped all of our veggies for the entire week.  My friend Aisha invited us out to ice cream, so we drove in her car to Dino’s once again.  Their gelato is wonderful!  Once we arrived home, we met Lexi to go grocery shopping and loaded up on a few necessities and a few ‘stock pile’ items.  Chad rode his scooter for a short bit in the courtyard, then we came back upstairs and Chad helped me create a pantry in our hallway.  We felt like it was the most efficient use of our space and so we might not have to grocery shop as much as I have had to just get fruits and veggies weekly.







We have finally ‘decorated’ Chad and Claire’s rooms as much as we plan to- colorful blankets and they will have toys of course.  Yesterday at the Souk, I bought Claire slippers and balloon pants as well as her purple blanket.  We are trying to make her feel like she has a special place here in the apartment when she arrives.  Thank you to Aisha, we will even be a little more prepared in the coming weeks!



Claire's Room



Chad is now crashed in bed, and I will be on my way soon- just waiting to be able to talk to my family before I call it a night!

Xo

Lexie

2 comments:

  1. What a great busy day! Love the balloon pants for claire. Kisses and Huge Hugs! XO mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may steal Claire's blanket and her pants...

    ReplyDelete